Bible Verse of the Day:

Monday, November 9, 2009

Bathroom Remodel

On a whim (I am totally serious when I say whim) I mentioned to the girls that we should rip the hideous wallpaper off the wall in the downstairs bathroom.

Not more than 10 minutes later, one of the girls emerged from the basement announcing that they could not get it all off the walls. HUH?! I guess they really wanted that wallpaper to come down and a fresh coat of paint.



Well...the bathroom sat that way for a week or two (I just didn't have extra time in my schedule to remodel a bathroom) until good ole Grandpa Dave came to visit. He even installed a new light fixture in the shower!

He just shakes his head at me, and my mom swears she would be DEAD if she tried anything like I did.



Thanks to Dad -- on the last day before they left, he figured he'd better help me out! Since we were doing the walls, we might as well do the floor, right???



Allie spent several hours scraping and pulling.

My mom decided that her Christmas present to the girls this year would be the cost of the remodel. So off to shop, we did go. Twelve sets of multi-colored towel sets, a brightly colored shower curtain, towel racks, a wall organizer and several other amenities later, we arrived home VERY EXCITED.

It took me a couple of weeks to finish the texture and paint, but I do believe the finished product is worth it! The girls are thrilled and very thankful to Grammy and Grandpa for their Christmas present!!

From a dark brown vanity and blue and tan circular-patterned wallpaper TO fresh white, coral and various other colors. A refreshing change!


The bathroom is tiny, so very difficult to get a good picture. (Mom and Dad - the color on the small wall and the middle of the vanity is the same as the bottom color in Savannah's room. It was a perfect match to the shower curtain.)

1 comment:

Moms In Need Of Mercy said...

looks good! When can we come over for the tour? (wink) :)