Bible Verse of the Day:

Monday, December 6, 2010

Chicken butchering, plucking and more!

Warning: This post contains some graphic images and is not for the faint of heart.

The Koslowsky told us it was that time again and to bring the gang on out to their house. I decided to let Phil go this time(with all 5 kids) so I could do some home school planning and help Teresa make some things for Kayla's wedding. I was so bummed to miss all the excitement, but thank goodness Phil came home with a lot of pictures. :)


Poor little guys don't know what's in store for them today.




Timothy really wanted to do one by himself. Not an option; but Mel did let him hold the ax.





Yeah...I know. Disgustng, but someone has to do the dirty work


Plucking time.

Even Savannah is unafraid to get in and pull a feather or two.


Again...disgusting! But who wants the claws attached to the chicken?!


Lindsay was braver than I thought she would be.


And finally - the gutting process.



I think this was as close to the process Sarah would get. She agrees with her mother....DISGUSTING!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

all the blood in the background of the chopping off the heads part is morbid....I don't think I could do any of it...I don't know that I could even bring it home and cook it.....I'll keep buying mine from the grocery store.

Unknown said...

Shauna - I'm with ya!!!
I've always said if I had to kill my own meat, I'd be a vegetarian ---- ugh.