Bible Verse of the Day:

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Girl's Getaway Weekend

Allie and I recently enjoyed a special getaway ~ just the two of us. We didn't go far -- a local motel just a mile from our house -- but it was a nice break from the demands of daily life.

The purpose of the trip was to spend some quality time together as mother and daughter. I also had some special date activities planned for us to do together.

As the other girls get older, I look forward to mother-daughter dates with them also.

We started out the date with a frozen beverage from Starbucks! YUMMY
The hotel from outside.


Then we did a little swimming and hot tubbing. There were 5 hot tubs in this hotel, one located right outside our door!






Then we went to a nice dinner.





I got Allie a special gift ~ more beads, string and a fancy necklace layout board. She was DELIGHTED!



We spent the rest of the evening beading and then watched a movie.


The next morning we woke up, had a nice breakfast at the table outside our door and Allie soaked in the hot tub again.



I woke up feeling a little under the weather. I learned a few hours later that I had indeed caught the stomach bug that Timothy and Savannah had the day before. UGH!


It was a great trip that Allie and I will cherish forever.


Thanks, honey, for holding down the fort and taking time off work so we could enjoy this.

1 comment:

The Thorsrud Family said...

I LOVE this idea! I am going to make a mental not SOMEDAY when Miss Maddie is old enough, I think we should have dates. It would be nice time to reconnect and talk. GREAT IDEA! Thanks again for watching Sophie. Looks like she was very delighted to help hold down the lemonade stand! She came home very happy. See you in the morning!