Bible Verse of the Day:

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Phil and Jodi ~ 14 years

Phil and Jodi - August 6, 1994




August 6, 2008: A little less (okay a lot less) hair and a few more wrinkles, but feeling very blessed in our marriage and with our 5 children!




August 6, 2008 marked 14 years of marriage for Phil and I. He told me to make arrangements overnight for the kids and he would plan the rest. Since Allie and Sarah were at camp and Lindsay stayed in Sheridan with Phil's brother and family, I only had to find a place for Timothy and Savannah. Jackie Huber took Timothy and he made only a minor meal change (You rock, Jackie) and kicked one person out of his bed due to his snoring (Sorry Cameron). Brenda volunteered for Savannah (I think Aly may have had a little influence in this decision) and she was as happy as she could be to hang with the Szymczak's for the night! I don't think either one of them even missed me.....


This is how the morning started. We arrived home very late from Sheridan the night before and I slept in instead of walking at 5:00 a.m. as I usually do. I crawled out of bed after Phil had left for an early meeting wishing I had gotten up earlier and gone to Starbucks. I was so surprised and happy to see a hot Caramel Latte waiting for me by the computer with a note from Phil. I am not kidding -- it was the best latte I have had in a long time!




Phil was very good at keeping the secret and even had plan 'A' and plan 'B' depending on the weather. He told me what to pack and when to be ready - that was it. What a surprise when he pulled up in Teresa's little yellow convertible. Teresa even tucked in a little gift bag of treats along the way. That chocolate melted in my mouth after the hike. Someone is going to be getting an 80's mood music CD as a white elephant gift soon!!







The weather was cloudy and cooler than our normal 95 degree days, so a hike on the mountain sounded much better than a float down the river to both of us. A big rock came in handy so that we could take this picture of us set to the camera timer.





After the hike, Phil drove to Glenrock where he had made dinner and hotel reservations at the Paisley Shawl. Another very nice surprise. We had appetizers outside on the patio and a very nice dinner inside the restaurant - Yellow Fin Tuna for him and scallops for me.


We came back to Casper this morning and our anniversary date ended similar to the way it began....with a cup of coffee from Starbucks. You did good, honey!!!

No comments: