Bible Verse of the Day:

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Now that's a lot of SNOW!

After our beautiful weather this weekend, we knew the storm was coming.

On Sunday, Dave and Missi and family came down from Sheridan on their way to Denver. We BBQ'd and ate lunch on the porch and the kids got SUNBURNED! By Sunday evening the clouds started rolling in and the sky began getting gray.

We woke up Monday morning to a little snow on the ground and lots falling. I took the kids to school, but as I was driving home, I thought about going back to get them because the snow was really coming down and piling up.

All morning I watched out my windows as the teeter-totter and the slide all but disappeared under the white blanket of fresh snow. Several times the winds would pick up and I couldn't even see the fence.




This is (was) that little and orange car - look at the snow piled on top of it's roof!


Sure enough at about noon the automated call came from the district -- school had been canceled immediately! Thankfully, my great friend Jackie lives one block from the school (I live across town) and she volunteered to watch the girls until the roads were cleared off better.

We must have at least 18 inches and it is HEAVY, WET SNOW!



Timothy went out to shovel with Phil. Look how rosy his cheeks were.........

UPDATE: As I was finishing up this blog post -- I have been up since 3:30 a.m. with Timothy who I think may have an ear infection -- we got the automated call from district, yep, school has been canceled for today. That means no Bible Study, no Chorale practice and no ORFF concert. I'm going to go turn off the girls' alarms and let them get some much needed sleep.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Wasn't it nice to know we didn't have to drive in that mess yesterday to get kids to school! And, Hey! More on the way tomorrow!! :O)