Bible Verse of the Day:

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

AWANA games in Scottsbluff, Nebraska

The annual regional AWANA games competition was in Scottsbluff again this year. I had not been in a couple years because I have stayed home with small babies. This year some good friends, Steve and Melody, kept Savannah all day (from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.) as she would not have enjoyed the 6 hours in the car and the other 7 in bleachers and highchairs! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

As you can see from the pictures, it was absolutely gorgeous! We ate lunch outside the gymnasium. That's Mike looking very content in the warm sunshine.



Sarah, Abigail and Aly share some chips and a few laughs.


Nothing can distract Timothy from his lunch.


Okay -- this picture of Kindrid is priceless. Her dad and brother rode with us because Christy was at home tending to the 7 unexpected puppies that had made a recent arrival!




On your mark, get set, CRAWL!


The spectators -- I think this was right before Teresa got the text that Jordan had been in an accident - he was fine, but car is totalled!


I don't even want to think about how much junk food my son ate this day. Every time I saw him, he had another treat. He did finally crash in my arms in the middle of the T&T game time.

Kristy, Abi, Aly and Sarah cheering on the Sparks


Sparks Team - 1st Place!!


T&T Girls (and Boys) - First Place!!


Several families finished off the night with dinner at Chili's and then made the 3 hour drive home. The weather and roads were great, but that was soon to change.............

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh! You ARE a clever girl! Your friends and family will be so excited to see our Seven Little Dwarfs! (Or is that dwarves?? - I'm not sure I've EVER written that word before!)
You'll have to show me how to do that link stuff sometime! :O)