Bible Verse of the Day:

Monday, June 30, 2008

Things That Don't Make Sense

Here is a post that my sister Shauna told me about at Josh Harris' site that he copied from this site. (I just need to make sure I give credit where credit is due). I thought it was very true and insightful as well as a good reminder to me. Enjoy.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Things That Don't Make Sense To Me

1. How having four children quadrupled the love I have for my kids instead of dividing it into four. (okay for me this would be five...)

2. How focusing on meeting my husband's needs results in my needs getting met.

3. Why having a lot of "me" time tends to make me more self-centered, not less.

4. Why serving other people makes me more content, not less.

5. How spending time with God usually results in me accomplishing more that day, not less.

6. Why exercising gives me more energy, and not exercising makes me more tired.

7. How submitting to God's will brings freedom rather than confinement.

8. Why things that taste good often are not good for me.

9. Why having fewer things makes me enjoy them more--and vice versa.

10. How I can know all of these things are true and too often behave as though they are not.

1 comment:

The Schulers said...

Ain't that the truth sista!