Bible Verse of the Day:

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sledding on the Bunny Trail

It's no secret I that am a fair weathered gal. Warm weather is even better. Hot weather really makes me happy.

Snow and cold temperatures are great, however they are best while nestled indoors near my fireplace. But....I want to make sure my kids realize there can be a small amount of joy playing in the snow. It's not that I dislike the "playing in the snow part", but rather I dislike all the layers and articles of clothing that go along with it. Multiply coats, snow pants, mittens, scarves, hats and gloves by 5 and you get A LOT of pieces of clothing to put away at the end of an outdoor excursion.

Stay with me. I am getting to the pictures and the post.

After 8-10 inches of that beautiful white stuff fell recently, I told the kids to bundle up and get ready to go sledding.


Wow - Savannah's mittens even match!


This little guy is ready with rosy cheeks before even stepping out of doors.



Lindsay was the first to try snow angels in the backyard.

The bunny trail? Yep, just outside our back gate and across the walking path is the perfect sized slope for the wee ones. And....it's a quick trip back home to the fireplace and hot chocolate!!

No comments: