Bible Verse of the Day:

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bye, Bye Pacifier.....

I wish I could say we took Savannah's pacifier away at age 1 or even age 2, but I cannot tell a lie. That little piece of plastic made nap time enjoyable and very easy. But...all good things must come to an end at some point. So on her 3rd birthday (how cruel!), after talking it up for weeks, we took away her pacifier. Cognitively she was all for it, but emotionally, well suffice it to say it was a rather long week.

I would not and could not give in. Because if I did I knew the battle would be twice as hard the next time.

Bless her little heart for being very resourceful on her own. One day, I think day 2 withdrawals, she found a pacifier that was for her baby doll. We have never used this kind and I hadn't seen it for weeks in her room.

This is how I found her, curled up on the floor, asleep with her doll's pacifier turned upside down and as content as could be.

No comments: