Bible Verse of the Day:

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Eat all your beans

Ahhh....the joys of motherhood. I am SO thankful for my many children that make me laugh often during the day. On this particular night, which was an AWANA night, we were in a hurry to eat dinner, and I was getting frustrated with Timothy for not eating his beans quickly enough.

I finally set the timer for 1 minute and told him the beans needed to be gone from his plate before the timer went off or he couldn't have a snack at AWANA (the horrors...).

I was washing some dishes and as I turned around, I saw Savannah leaning up beside him eating his beans off his plate!


He was encouraging her to hurry because he only had a minute for them to be gone.






She graciously completed the task for her older brother, and I decided to take pictures rather than get angry. Afterall, I realized I never said he had to eat them , only that his plate needed to be clean!!
And yes, he got a snack at AWANA, if nothing else than for ingenuity.

No comments: