Bible Verse of the Day:

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Toddler Logic

A recent conversation that made me laugh in the midst of discipling my son:

A crying Savannah finds me in the kitchen and in her limited vocabulary tells me, "Timmy hit me head."

"Timothy hit you on the head?" I ask to get clarification. "Yes, Timmy mean," she replies.

I then proceed back to the bedroom where Timothy is lying on my bed looking extremely guilty.

I ask him, "Timothy, did you hit your sister on the head?" He replies honesty, "Yes." So then I ask him to come into his room as I am telling him that he is not supposed to hit.

But I couldn't hold back the giggles when my very healthy boy said the reason he bonked her on the head when she tried to climb up in my bed with him is because he didn't want her to get his sick germs. WHAT?!

Now I guess I need to figure out how to encourage his sweet compassion for his sister's health by revealing better ways to show that compassion.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was adorable! Your kids are awesome. Your doing a great job...keep it up. =D