Bible Verse of the Day:

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Counting Games

Keeping Timothy and Savannah occupied, engaged and out of trouble has become my biggest challenge with home schooling Allie.

We color, read, play games, take walks, but there still seems to be several times a day that they need undivided attention at the same time Allie needs my focused attention. I wish I could say that I never get frustrated and impatient but then I'd have to add lying to the list of sins......

One way I have found to conquer boredom is varying the toy/game selection. Just recently I pulled out the Saxon Math manipulatives I have stored away (mostly because they kept getting dumped and VERY unorganized) and we had some fun practicing sorting for Savannah and math for Timothy.


While Timothy was matching up equal pairs of green and red bears, Savannah was doing a tremendous job of sorting. Just look at her piles of cubes and dominoes in the background.
Here is a short video of Timothy enjoying his "school" as he proudly calls it.
Another way to keep Timothy entertained is pretend. He LOVES loud-boy-fighting-games, against the mean guys of course!
While shopping at Wal-mart, we found these swords clearance priced. When Tim figured out they made real sword noises....well let's just say the discussion wasn't whether we would buy a sword, but if we should get two so Phil could sword fight with him!




Watch (and listen) to Timothy's demonstration.

No comments: