Bible Verse of the Day:

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas

For the first Christmas in a long time, maybe ever, we spent the day just the 7 of us. My parents had just been here in October, and they spent Christmas in Ohio with my sister. We saw Phil's dad the day before Christmas and we had plans to see Phil's mom shortly after Christmas.

We debated inviting another family over, but in the end decided to keep it nice and quiet after our adventurous few days.




Here we all are in our Christmas jammies. I think I was the only one to change into other clothes before the day was over. NICE!



We started the day with stockings. Savannah loved her electric toothbrush.




Next we enjoyed a wonderful family breakfast of caramel rolls, hash brown egg casserole, fruit and yogurt.


No elbows on the table!

After breakfast, we finished reading Luke's account of the Christmas story from the Bible, then we opened gifts under the tree.

A big year for books. Nothing wrong with that! Phil likes to get a special book for each child each year. He always writes a special message to each one of them on the inside cover. Pretty soon we'll need a 3rd double bookcase.


We also love games. Here are a few of the fun ones we look forward to playing over break.
And of course some toys for the little ones. What?! Two pianos? Those must have come from Grandparents that aren't around to enjoy the music......
We also added some new DVD's to our collection. We decided to watch UP as a family on Christmas morning. It was a great movie with a suburb story line! Definitely worth the wait to enjoy it as a family.
Timothy and Phil took a quick snooze during the afternoon.

We had a fun time playing In a Pickle!


Phil bought Timothy The Dangerous Book for Boys. GREAT!


Allie enjoys wrapping up in her cozy blanket made for her by Aly S.



Sarah read some excerpts from a special Christmas memory book.


Savannah was excited to give her baby a bath. Thanks, Pier family!

3 comments:

The Thorsrud Family said...

EW EW EW! You need a yogurt maker. I use to make homemade yogurt, but it was too hard keeping it the perfect temp and I had to baby sit it. Well, that is in the past and a YOGURT maker is in my future! I always think fresh yogurt doesnt have as bitter of a taste and is yummier. Then you can put into it what you want, and take out all the garbage! I'm so excited! My first batch was PERFECT!

Merry Christmas to your family! Your guys presents look the same as ours! Games, books, movies. We got each kid one toy. We get too many toys! I got Maddie the one that you recommended for little girls. It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Timothy is a cutie pie!

The Thorsrud Family said...

oh, I read my comment, and I said, "I got Maddie the one you recommended for little girls" ya, that didnt make much sense. I got Maddie the BOOK that you recommended, God's design.....She's now asking questions actually. And she's only 4!

Jodi said...

Quit stalking me Liz and trying to get me to make homemade yougurt, peanut butter and jelly. I am running to the store to buy some trans fats and sugar and red dye #16....Ha Ha