Bible Verse of the Day:

Saturday, October 3, 2009

I need a heavy duty vacuum cleaner

Shortly after coloring a homework project in the family room, Kristy (Sarah's friend) couldn't find several of her colored pencils. We looked everywhere and finally gave up and told her we'd give them to her when we found them. We figured Timothy had something to do with it but it wouldn't be until a week later that the mystery was solved.

Yep - as the title of the post suggests, the answer was found in my vacuum cleaner. As I was vacuuming the living room, I noticed that it didn't seem to be sucking up the things on the floor very well. As I looked at the hose connection, I caught a glimpse of several bright colors. Almost immediately my mind went to the mystery of the colored pencils.

I am happy to report that after 15 minutes of hitting and shaking the hose attachment, 9 -- that's NINE, colored pencils were lying on my floor. They were a little dusty and needed sharpened, but were perfectly usable. When I questioned Timothy, he smiled calmly and reported that he used the vacuum hose to suck up Kristy' pencils.......






Just another joy of motherhood!

1 comment:

Moms In Need Of Mercy said...

What a good helper! See, you're training him right, Jodi, to pick up things off the floor :) ;)