Bible Verse of the Day:

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Can you feel my pain??

Once you see the videos, you'll understand why I had several possible titles for this post including:

"A great way to begin summer vacation...."

"And she's not even 2 yet........"

or,

"You've got to be kidding me..."

Savannah's melt down began minutes after walking in the door after picking the kids up from their last day of school. I still have not figured out what set her off, but being put in her high chair was CLEARLY not acceptable to her.

Some of you are probably thinking, "Now why in the world would I post such a thing to my blog?" Well the answer is twofold. First - I want to be able to show Savannah in a few years her less self-controlled days, and second - a reminder to me that God is gracious when every day doesn't turn out like this!

After she threw the cracker on the floor, I calmly and patiently lifted her out of the high chair and gently stood her on the floor. To which she responded by throwing herself down on the floor and carrying on some more.


This is out of character for Savannah, as she is usually so smiley and so pleasant, BUT the few times she is frustrated with something, she has made her position crystal clear. Oh, the lungs on this child!

5 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! You were a Power Blogger in the few days since I checked your blog last!!

You make it look easy, Jodi!! You are a great mom and it inspires me to do better!!

Rachel said...

I may show this to Johnathan so he can commiserate with Savannah. I find myself using the phrase "self-controlled voice" soo frequently these days! I don't know what I'd do if you hadn't introduced me to Wise Words for Moms, Jodi!

Unknown said...

Wow.
Meg says, "maybe she was tired..."
Oh yes - we have incorporated the "self-controlled voice" into our repetoire as well!

The Thorsrud Family said...

THATS EXACTLY WHAT JAKE DOES!! I need you to now tell me what you do about it! I'll be waiting for your answer!

The Thorsrud Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.