Bible Verse of the Day:

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A homework assignment blessing!

A very important skill that is focused on at school is writing. All three girls, especially Allie and Sarah, are given periodic writing prompts. Their task is to write and edit a rough draft, proof the draft, and then present a final copy in their best handwriting. The kids are then graded on 6 point rubric to determine writing proficiency.

Sarah recently brought this letter home, and I wanted to share it with you all.

The prompt was to write a letter to the author of your favorite book. (Sarah said she picked this book instead of the Bible because the Bible had so many human authors.)

This is copied exactly as Sarah wrote it. Beautiful job, Sarah!


Dear Keys for Kids Company,
The best book I have ever read was Family Devotions in One Year. I really like all the stories. The stories go back to how to be a Christian. The kids in the stories are kind and loving to their parents.

Many verses in this book teach me to love the Lord whether I'm in school or at home. My sisters and I take turns reading the verses each day, and then my dad reads the story. When I listen to a verse, or read the verse myself, it always sinks into my brain, and when I do what the verse says it moves down in to my heart and stays there for eternity.

I have one story in my head at this time that I really liked. It was the story when a girl saw a car wreck and she had to be a witness to the police. She was frightened to do it, but she prayed to God to give her courage. The book, Family Devotions in One Year talks about Jesus Christ, so I know it is my favorite book.

Sincerely,
Sarah Hubert

1 comment:

Unknown said...

she could be a book critic - I'm ready to head out and get it!!!

Also been wanting to hear about the conference! Going to check that blog next!