Bible Verse of the Day:

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The second part of my vacation -- Tucson, Arizona

As Jackie, Brenda, Teresa and Deb headed back to snowy and cold Wyoming, I met up with Phil in Cheyenne, went back to Denver and I walked through DIA for the second time on Sunday. As excited as I was to go to Tucson with my hubby, the thought of getting on another airplane was less than appealing. It was a smaller plane and I am pretty sure I squirmed most of the time! We landed in Tucson at about 6:30 pm. Arizona is one of 2 states that does not practice Daylight Savings Time, so it was already dark when we arrived. Our hotel was on the University of Arizona campus and after checking in, we walked down the road and ate dinner. It was a little brisk, but compared to Wyoming, it was quite comfortable. You'd never know it from the locals -- they were in heavy coats and freezing! I suppose anyone could spot us as tourists a mile away.

We had a very relaxing time yet managed to fit several activities in. While Phil was in class the first day, I drove to nearby Oro Valley where my Uncle Bob and Aunt Sue live. Their daughter Cindy (my cousin) and family also live there. We had lunch at a cafe and then toured the community they live. That night we met Cindy, Uncle Bob and Aunt Sue at a Mexican restaurant. I spent Tuesday and Wednesday mornings sitting in the sun in front of Starbucks and laying by the hotel pool. I took advantage of the free wireless internet to get caught up on emails, and I especially enjoyed the large chuck of time to work on some of the new Bible studies and read the books I had purchased at the conference.



On Tuesday afternoon Phil's class ended at 2:00 pm. We got some exercise in by walking ~4 miles out of Sabino Canyon. Thankfully the poisonous lizards, rattlesnakes and mountian lions stayed off our path. We finished up the day at Cindy, Mike, Alexandria and Tanner's house for a great steak dinner with all the fixins. Thanks guys!



This area is the greenest due to the water source. Most of Tucson looked like typical desert area.



The beautiful view and sunset from Mike and Cindy's backyard.


By the time Phil and I arrived back in Casper, the snow had all but melted. I thought the timing of Wyoming's first winter storm was perfect.

Cindy gave us a book called Don't call Me a Pig. It's about the Javelina, a smelly, wild, mean pig looking boar like animal. We bought Timothy a stuffed Javelina and he loves correcting us when we say pig. In fact, he remembered its name before Grandpa did. Here is a video of him looking through the book.


No comments: