Bible Verse of the Day:

Monday, October 20, 2008

Grammy and Grandpa in charge

While we were out galavanting about, Grammy and Grandpa held down the fort. They stayed busy driving to and from school, volleyball, dance, the library, the mall, making meals, reminding the kids 1000 times to pick up after themselves, etc....

Unfortunately they got sick kids AND bad weather! I think about this time in Chicago we were sailing on Lake Michigan.

Usually when they come here it is gorgeous and Grammy is ready to move back. Timothy and I had started off the string of sickness with strep throat before I left. Next Lindsay followed with a pretty good virus that kept her out of school 3 days including a blood test for mono. Allie continued to suffer through a horrible cough and Savannah started spiking temps right before I left. Sounds like fun, heh? I don't think I would have left except I knew Grammy would take good care of them. What we didn't plan on was that she would stock up on those germs and get sick just in time to drive back to Ohio. I'm thinking Phil and I might not be getting another vacation for some time!



Hard to believe Timothy isn't really asleep.

Grammy enjoys rocking with the two babes!

Lindsay and Savannah all dressed up for church in matching black and white


Savannah loved Sarge a little too much. She thought she was supposed to close her eyes and open her mouth when he came near.




Allie practicing her flute for Grammy



Allie and Sarah checking out their gifts from Tucson - plant your own cactus.



Timothy was so surprised with this Chicago Bears jersey -- just like dad's!!!
We had a great time and are so thankful that Grandpa and Grammy made it possible to get away for a time. Now they're the ones that need a vacation!!


No comments: