Bible Verse of the Day:

Friday, January 16, 2009

January Fun

Timothy LOVES his remote controlled cars, but has been pretty stingy with them...until the other day. I walked into the living room and I found him showing (and helping) Savannah how to use the remote so that the red car would move. It was so cute listening to him explain the buttons.



She still gets frustrated when she can't catch it. When she does manage to get a good grip on it, she is delighted.


A great advantage to having older kids and younger toddlers at the same time is how much help they are to me. Sarah loves to read Timothy stacks of books and Timothy is happy to indulge her.


A short video of the end of the book.



This is what Savannah's hair looked like as she crawled out into the living room yesterday. It looked wet and felt very greasy.

I immediately asked Timothy, "What did you do?"

He responded, "I used your gel in Savannah's hair."

Then I noticed he had a hat on and I took it off to see gel literally dripping off his hair. Ughh. I sighed loudly, picked up Savannah and determined the dishes would have to wait until after they both had baths.




As I was bathing them, I notice an inch long chunk of hair floating in the water as I rinsed Savannah's head. Again, I questioned my son and spoke very slowly, "Timothy, did you cut your sister's hair?"

Timothy, not missing a beat, replied, "Yes, with your scissors."




Sure enough, here is what I found on Timothy's floor. So far these are the only 2 locks of hair Savannah is missing, and I am quite sure Timothy understands how VERY SERIOUS it is to get my scissors and cut any person's hair. At least I hope he does.




3 comments:

Jerri said...

Savannah is looking so much like you! Funny, I have had several people tell me in the last few weeks that their kids are cutting each others hair. Fortunately for me, that is one of the few things that my kids did not try....yet. Hope you all are doing well!

The Thorsrud Family said...

HEHE! Love the story! Glad to hear my kids' arent the only ones that get into EVERYTHING. I can't keep up with Jake right now, I wish I could tie him up for the day; watch, then I would miss him getting into trouble :P

Christy said...

Oh wow! He is so funny. At least he's totally honest right up front!!